Wisconsin Dells is a popular vacation area in central Wisconsin, best known for its rock formations and water parks.
Wisconsin Dells is an hour north of Madison and two hours from Milwaukee. It is one of the most popular destinations in the midwest, famous for the steep and scenic bluffs along the rivers that make great cruising, and is also famous for the many water and theme parks.
Carefully vet Dells-related websites -- most are dot com sites but there are some dot org and dot edu sites that have valuable information. Pick up a free travel and attraction guide to help planning. Many feature ways to save money with coupon books and discount cards. Check online newspaper sites for events and festivals. Look for online reviews and specials to see what other travelers are saying before you book. Many times you can subscribe to a dells website for free coupons, email offers and last minute specials. The area marketing has grown so you can get many discounts, savings and offers directly to your mobile devices. While you're there having a good time make sure you remember to save enough gas money to get home!
The Dane County Regional Airport in Madison is an hour to the south. Further away lies O'Hare International Airport in Chicago and Milwaukee Mitchel International Airport in Milwaukee. Also, there are general aviation airports: Sauk Prairie Airport in Sauk City/Prairie Du Sac, and the Baraboo/Dells Airport for Baraboo and, of course, the Wisconsin Dells.
- 1 Wisconsin Dells station, Superior & La Crosse Streets. Amtrak's Empire Builder route between Chicago/Milwaukee and the Pacific Northwest passes through the Dells. The station is located just off Broadway, the main strip of downtown Wisconsin Dells.
Interstate 90/94 passes right through the Dells area with four exits leading directly to the Wisconsin Dells area. U.S. 12 also passes through the Dells from major cities such as Madison, Tomah, and Eau Claire.
The Greyhound Bus stops at the Citgo/Burger King at 611 Frontage Rd.
Wisconsin Dells Kangaroo Taxi. http://www.a1wisconsindellstaxi.com/[dead link] +1 608 432-4627. $2 per mile & $2 for each passenger
The majority of Wisconsin Dells tourist attractions are located along Broadway (Downtown Dells) and the Wisconsin Dells Parkway (Dells and Lake Delton). Both of these streets merge to form an "L" shape curving along the river as it progresses through town. This route can be traced from highway 16, where Broadway essentially begins, to Interstate 90/94. If you continue to follow this route past the interstate, you will eventually come to the Ho-Chunk Casino followed by the neighboring community of Baraboo.
- Tommy Bartlett Show, 560 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, ☏ +1 608 254-2525. A water skier show and a science museum.
- 1 Circus World Museum, 550 Water Street, toll-free: +1-866-693-1500. Baraboo.
- Ripley's Believe it or Not!, ☏ +1 608 253-7556. 115 Broadway.
- 2 Mid-Continent Railway Museum, toll-free: +1-800-930-1385. Diamond Hill Road, North Freedom. 7 mile train journey
- Rick Wilcox Theater, 1670 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, ☏ +1 608 254-5511. Magic Show.
- Boat Cruises Many companys operate boat tours, including:
- Upper & Lower Dells Boat Tours, +1 608 254-8555. April to October.
- Original Wisconsin Ducks (boats that also drive on land), ☏ +1 608 254-8751.
- Mark Twain Tours, ☏ +1 608 254-6080.
- Original Jet Boat Tours, ☏ +1 608 254-8246.
- Captain Soma's Dells Cruises, ☏ +1 608 254-2628.
- Dells Army Ducks (also boats that drive on land), ☏ +1 608 254-6080.
- Dells Jet Boats, ☏ +1 608 254-8555.
- Wildthing Jet Boat, ☏ +1 608 254-6080.
Wisconsin Dells offers a wide variety of attractions and activities ranging from waterparks and rides to shopping, as well as boat rides on the upper and lower Dells on the Wisconsin River. The terms "upper" and "lower" Dells refer to the areas above (upper) and below (lower) the Hydro-Electric Dam which partly powers the City of Wisconsin Dells. The two regions differ in geography and scenery. Upper Dells Boat Tours travel upstream from Wisconsin Dells while The Lower Dells Boat Tours travel downstream. The area boasts Noah's Ark, Americas Largest Waterpark, along with several other waterparks, like the resort waterparks: Kalahari Resort, Wilderness Resort, Great Wolf Lodge, Chula Vista Resort, Mt. Olympus water & theme park giving Wisconsin Dells its motto: The Waterpark Capital of the World!. Special coupons and promotional packages for multiple attractions throughout Wisconsin Dells can be found at www.dells.com. Also, check out the championship golf courses and world class spa and day spas.
- 1 Noah's Ark Waterpark, 1410 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy, ☏ +1 608 254-6361. America's Largest Waterpark.
- 2 Mt. Olympus Water and Fun Park, 1701 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, ☏ +1 608 254-2490, toll-free: +1-800-800-4997. Dozens of waterslides, go-karts, and an indoor water park. Multiple parks along Wisconsin Dells Parkway (Map location is main park)
- 3 Chula Vista Water Park and Golf Resort, ☏ +1 608 254-8366. Features indoor and outdoor water parks, golf course, lodging, spa services, and restaurants.
- 4 Old River Mini Golf, ☏ +1 608 254-8336. smaller off-the-beaten-path course located just inside downtown Wisconsin Dells.
- 5 Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf, ☏ +1 608 254-7500. mini-golf complex with 5 courses
- 6 Timber Falls Adventure Park, ☏ +1 608 254-8414. Small amusement park centered on a mini-golf course.
- 7 Wisconsin Deer Park, ☏ +1 608 253-2041. A unique family petting zoo.
- 8 Top Secret Attraction, 2127 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy, ☏ +1 608 254-6700. 11am – 5pm. Is mainly a haunted house of the White House upside down
- 9 Original Wisconsin Ducks, 1890 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy, ☏ +1 608 254-8751.
- 10 Knuckleheads Indoor Trampoline, Bowling & Amusement Park. ,
- 11 Dells Army Duck Tours. ,
- 12 Vertical Illusions. - located in Wisconsin Dells
- 13 Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells, S3214 County Road BD, Baraboo, toll-free: +1-800-746-2486.
Downtown Wisconsin Dells offers a wide variety of shopping options. Explore the area and discover our broad mix of stores including gift shops, antique stores, art galleries, apparel boutiques and more! Indulge in sweet treats, like fudge, saltwater taffy and gourmet caramel apples. All of this lies along the scenic river walk of downtown, providing beautiful views of the Upper Dells. Further down the parkway, you can find some of the standard faire, such as Walmart and Kohls Department Stores, as well as some more unique shops like Parson's Indian Trading Post & Museum, which boasts one of the worlds largest collections of Native American crafted products. And then at the end of the parkway, you can find the Tanger Outlet mall, which offers discount merchandise from popular retailers such as Coach, Adidas, American Eagle and Banana Republic. Finally, after passing the 90/94 overpass on the Dells Parkway, there's the Wisconsin Dells Antique Mall, offering everything from World War II memorabilia to antique toys to sports merchandise.
- Danny's 90-94 Grill & Pizza, ☏ +1 608 253-5126. Danny's serves fantastic burgers and sandwiches, delicious malts and shakes, hand made pizza and an outstanding selection of grilled chicken sandwiches. Kid's specials and a whole lot more. Also offering breakfast, brunch and dinner buffets.
- Bronco Billy's Saloon!, ☏ +1 608 355-1055. Bronco Billy's Saloon, is known for its famous 2/3 lb Char Grilled Bronco Burger. A large menu, daily specials and drink specials available every day. Enjoy karaoke, live entertainment, Volleyball and horseshoe courts with panoramic views of Wisconsin's gorgeous countryside. Just a short drive to Interstate 90/94, Ho-Chunk Casino and Wisconsin Dells!
- Crabby's All You Can Eat Seafood & More, ☏ +1 608 253-CRAB (2722). If you love seafood, you can't find a better value in the Dells area. Bring your family for fun and outstanding food. Features a Galley style dining room, serving there signature Pirate Adventure Feast. Fresh carved Prime Rib, Chicken, Sushi and Mahi-Mahi. delicious faire for seafood and meat lovers! Also featuring an Animatronic Pirate Show!
- Monk's Bar & Grill, ☏ +1 608 254-6036. A Wisconsin Dells tradition since 1947 among locals and visitors alike, a trip to the Dells is simply incomplete without a monk's burger made from angus beef. Two level seating. Full drink menu and great food makes for a great time!
- Mr. Pancake, ☏ +1 608 253-3663, toll-free: +1-800-648-4765. 7AM-2PM. Another Dells landmark since the 1960s. Offers a massive selection of delicious Pancakes, Waffles and Omelets. You have to try the Hot Fudge Banana Split Waffle or Strawberry Blintzes! Everything is made from scratch everyday according to their Traditional Family Recipes. Groups Call.
- Pedros Mexican Restaurante, ☏ +1 608 253-7233. Just across the bridge from downtown, next to Timber Falls Adventure Golf. Here, you can find fresh Mexican cuisine. Fajitas, enchiladas, burritos, chimichangas, margaritas. A great choice for affordable family dining. Half price margaritas every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Buffalo Phil's Grille, ☏ +1 608 254-7300. Come to eat, stay to play! Watch the chefs prepare your meal in their State-of-the-Art show kitchen with roasting spits of meat & a Woodstone oven as they prepare a medley of rotisserie chicken and wood fire pizzas. Get a taste of the Wild West at Buffalo Phil’s Grille. Indoor entertainment right next door...Knuckleheads Bowling & Indoor Amusement Park.
- Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co., ☏ +1 608 254-1122. The Dells first micro-brewery features ten hand-crafted beers. From the tanks of the micro brewery straight to your glass. The Moosejaw brewmasters use locally grown hops to brew a huge variety of fantastic beers, ales and lagers. Pair that with fantastic pizza and fantastic sandwiches for a truly winning combination. Free Delivery!
- The Cheese Factory Restaurant, ☏ +1 608 253-6065. A smoke-free, vegetarian restaurant serving breakfast till 2 (At which this establishment excels). Even for the carnivores among us, this restaurant is truly fantastic. Full soda fountain, espresso and cappuccino bar, a free jukebox and truly legendary desserts make The Cheese Factory a stop that should definitely NOT be missed!
- Mexicali Rose, ☏ +1 608 254-6036. Wisconsin Dells oldest Mexican restaurant, Mexicali Rose offers a broad menu of Mexican Favorites and a breathtaking view of the Wisconsin River. Called an "Absolute must visit." by The Chicago Tribune and "Most ambiance." by The Minneapolis Star.
- The Del Bar, 800 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy, ☏ +1 608-253-1861. Established in 1943, The Del-Bar is first and foremost in fine dining in Wisconsin Dells. Designed in the tradition of Frank Lloyd Wright's Prairie School of Architecture, The Del-Bar offers not only wonderful ambience, but one of the best menus in the area. Known for Dry Aged steaks, Pan Fried Walleye and Jumbo Tempura Shrimp.
- Ishnala Supper Club, S2011 Ishnala Rd, Lake Delton, ☏ +1 608-253-1771. M-F 4PM-close, Sa-Su 3:30PM-close. Just outside of Wisconsin Dells and ensconced in the majestic beauty of Mirror Lake State Park. The floors are built from seventy-six tons of flagstone mined from a nearby quarry, with giant Norway pines growing through the floor and ceiling. They do not accept reservations.
- [dead link] Star Motel Resort, toll-free: +1-800-532-8300.
- Angel's Hideaway Motel & Campground, ☏ +1 608 254-2121.
- Evergreen Motel, ☏ +1 608 254-2666.
- Kilbourn Inn Motel, ☏ +1 608 254-4541.
- [dead link] King's Inn Motel, ☏ +1 608 254-2043.
- Rainbow Motel, ☏ +1 608 254-7606.
- Twi-Lite Motel, ☏ +1 608 253-1911.
- Black Hawk Motel, ☏ +1 608 254-7770.
- Bridge View Motel, ☏ +1 608 254-6114.
- Colonial Motel, ☏ +1 608 253-7771.
- Day's End Motel, ☏ +1-888-315-2378.
- Dell Creek Motel, toll-free: +1-800-525-7301.
- The Finch Motel, ☏ +1 608 253-4342.
- Fitzgerald's Motel, ☏ +1 608 253-1651.
- Gables Motel, ☏ +1 608 253-3831.
- International Motel, ☏ +1 608 254-2431.
- Mayflower Motel & Suites, toll-free: +1-800-345-7407.
- Olympia Motel, ☏ +1 608 254-2800.
- Pine Aire Motel & Suites, toll-free: +1-800-635-8627.
- [dead link] Relax Inn, toll-free: +1-888-888-6050.
- River Road Motel, ☏ +1 608 254-8252.
- Starlite Motel, ☏ +1 608 254-7525.
- White Rose Motel, toll-free: +1-800-482-4724.
- Best Western Ambassador Inn and Suites.
- 1 Quality Inn Wisconsin Dells, 703 N Frontage Rd (exit 87 off 90/94), ☏ +1(608)253-3711. Check-in: 3PM CST, check-out: 11AM CST.
- Northern Bay Golf Resort and Marina, 1844 20th Avenue (on the shores of Castle Rock Lake just north of the Wisconsin Dells), toll-free: +1-888-828-6745. Features a replica 18 hole golf experience inspired by courses the pros play. Rent one of our fine luxury cedar and stone condominiums, situated on the course or the lake, and play golf like you never have before.
- [formerly dead link] Rhapsody Resort and Spa, 650B E. Hiawatha Dr., toll-free: +1-888-828-6745. 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom villas, penthouses and suites with views of Lake Delton, most with full kitchen and home theater systems. The lakeside resort includes amenities like indoor pool and hot tub, sauna, exercise facility, outdoor pool overlooking Lake Delton, two private sand beaches, private boat dock, outdoor fire pits, and outdoor grills.
- 2 Chula Vista Resort, ☏ +1 608 254-8366, toll-free: +1-800-388-4782, [email protected]. An all inclusive Wisconsin Dells water park resort featuring two outdoor water parks and one indoor water park, golf, and other family-friendly activities. Onsite dining, hotel rooms, and condo rentals available.
- Skyline Hotel & Suites, 1970 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, ☏ +1 608 253-4841.
- Great Wolf Lodge, toll-free: +1-800-559-9652. The largest indoor waterpark resort chain in the US. Unlimited waterpark wristbands included with all rooms.
- 4 Seasons Motel, toll-free: +1-800-377-1868.
- Grand Marquis Hotel & Suites, toll-free: +1-800-447-2636.
- Indian Trail Motel, ☏ +1 608 253-2641.
- Lake Delton Motel, +1-888-469-8600.
- Lakeside Motel, ☏ +1 608 253-2282.
- Luna Inn & Suites, toll-free: +1-800-999-5862.
- [dead link] Malibu Inn, ☏ +1 608 254-7102.
- [formerly dead link] Monaco Motel, toll-free: +1-800-892-6542.
- [dead link] Pine Dell Motel, toll-free: +1-866-448-PINE (7463).
- Shamrock Motel & Suites, toll-free: +1-800-437-5825.
- Super 8, toll-free: +1-800-800-8000.
- Wingate by Wyndham (formerly Alakai Hotel and Suites), toll-free: +1-800-593-9392. This hotel is Hawaiian-themed, due to it formerly being an independent motel before being sold to Wyndham. Includes fairly small indoor and outdoor waterparks, and visitors receive free passes to the Noah's Ark Waterpark.
- Camelot Hotel & Suites, toll-free: +1-888-946-3000.
- Diamond Hotel, toll-free: +1-800-353-1630.
- Holiday Shores Camp-Resort, ☏ +1 608 254-2717.
- Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites, toll-free: +1-800-828-6888.
- [dead link] Days Inn, toll-free: +1-866-WI-DELLS (94-33557).
- Flamingo Motel & Suites, toll-free: +1-800-243-3557.
- RainTree Resort, toll-free: +1-888-253-4386.
- Ramada Limited, toll-free: +1-800-845-2251.
- Riviera Motel & Suites, toll-free: +1-800-800-7109.
- Copa Cabana Resort Hotel & Suites, toll-free: +1-800-364-2672.
- Howard Johnson, toll-free: +1-800-543-3557.
- [dead link] New Concord Inn, toll-free: +1-800-348-2019.
- 3 Rocky Arbor State Park, ☏ +1 608 254-8001 (summer), +1 608 254-2333 (off season).
- 4 Mirror Lake State Park, E10320 Fern Dell Rd., Baraboo, ☏ +1 608 254-2333.
- The Wisconsin Dells Police Department is at 712 Oak St. Next to the Kilbourn Fire Department. Emergency Number is 911, Non Emergency is +1 608 253-4375.
- Lake Delton Police Department is at 50 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy. Emergency Number is 911, Non Emergency is +1 608 254-8331.
- The Wisconsin Dells Clinic is at 1310 Broadway, +1 608 253-5451.
- The Lake Delton Clinic is at 530 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., +1 608 254-5400.
- St Clare Urgent Care Center is at 530 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy. +1 608 254-5959.
|Routes through Wisconsin Dells|
|St. Paul ← Tomah ←||W E||→ Portage → Milwaukee|
|Rochester/St. Paul ← Camp Douglas ←||W E||→ Portage → Madison|
|Eau Claire ← Camp Douglas ←||W E||→ Baraboo → Madison|
|Ashland ← Wisconsin Rapids ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ END|
|Mineral Point ← Spring Green ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Green Lake → Fond du Lac|