Waukegan is located in close proximity to Interstate 94 and US Highway 41. Downtown Waukegan can be accessed from either using Grand Avenue or Washington Street.
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD IATA) is the closest international airport to Waukegan.
- Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport (MKE IATA) is the next closest international airport to Waukegan.
- 1 Waukegan National Airport (UGN IATA). Used for private flights.
- TAXI-2-GO, 2835 Belvidere Rd. +1 847 336-1204
- Pace Suburban Bus System, +1 847 364-7223
- 1 Genesee Theatre, 203 N Genesee St, ☏ . The Genesee Theatre is Lake County's premier entertainment venue. Productions include comedy acts, musicals, classical movies, and concerts. It is in historic downtown Waukegan.
- Waukegan Visual Arts Center, 533 Grand Ave.
- 2 Jack Benny Center for the Arts, 39 Jack Benny Dr, ☏ . Lake County's only opera company, costumed and fully staged. Featuring Waukegan Symphony Orchestra and Concert Chorus. The Jack Benny Center for the Arts is in magnificent Bowen Park. The art center is named after Jack Benny, who had a comedy radio/television program in the mid-1900s and was from Waukegan.
- Waukegan Symphony Orchestra & Concert Chorus, 39 Jack Benny Dr.
- Waukegan City Beach and Light, 540 Sea Horse Dr. The city beach and lighthouse where you can relax during favorable weather and enjoy the lake.
- People's Choice Family Fun Center, 2650 Belvidere Road.
- SplashZone at Corrine J. Rose Park, 412 S Lewis Ave. Rather diminutive water park, but the price is right.
- Lake County Ice Sports and Fitness Center, 351 Oakwood Ave.
- Waukegan Fishing Charter Boat, 39 E. Madison, ☏ .
- Bonnie Brook Country Club, 2800 N Lewis Ave, ☏ .
- Greenshire Golf Course, 38727 N Lewis Ave.
- Midlane Golf Resort, 4555 Yorkhouse Rd.
- Waukegan BMX Track, 2785 Yorkhouse Rd, ☏ .
- Glen Flora Country Club, 2200 N Sheridan Rd.
- Bertrand’s Bowling Lanes Inc., 2616 Washington St, ☏ .
- Bowlero Waukegan, 631 Lakehurst Rd.
- Sunset Lanes, 2015 N Lewis Ave.
- Waukegan Harbor, 55 Harbor Pl.
- Waukegan Yacht Club, 199 Harbor Pl.
- American Place Casino, 4011 Fountain Square Pl, ☏ . With a buffet, sports book, and gaming tables.
- 1 Quonset Pizza, 2602 Grand Ave, ☏ . 11am-9pm weekdays, 10pm weekends. Tavern-style pizza and bar inside of a repurposed military quonset.
- Louie's Restaurant, 1009 North Ave.
- Potesta's Pizza & Pasta, 434 S Green Bay Rd.
- Brown's Chicken & Pasta Incorporated, 3150 Belvidere Rd. Chicken and mashed potatoes in a bowl with some corn on top.
- Courtyard by Marriott, 3800 Northpoint Blvd.
- Sonesta ES Suites Chicago Waukegan Gurnee, 1440 S White Oak Dr, ☏ .
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott, 4101 Fountain Square Pl.
- Holiday Inn Express Suites, 611 Lakehurst Rd.
|Routes through Waukegan|
|Milwaukee ← Gurnee ←||W E||→ Lake Forest → Chicago|
|Milwaukee ← Gurnee ←||N S||→ North Chicago → Chicago|
|END ← Kenosha ←||N S||→ North Chicago → Chicago|