Waukegan is in the Far North Suburbs of the Chicagoland region of Illinois. It sits on Lake Michigan, has a large harbor, and is the county seat of Lake County, Illinois.
Waukegan is located in close proximity to Interstate 94 and US Highway 41. Downtown Waukegan can be accessed from either using Grand Avenue or Washington Street.
Metra lines serve Waukegan. The Union Pacific North Line[dead link] runs between Kenosha and the Ogilvie Transportation Center in downtown Chicago and serves Waukegan.
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD IATA) is the closest international airport to Waukegan.
- Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport (MKE IATA) is the next closest international airport to Waukegan.
- 1 [dead link] Waukegan National Airport (UGN IATA). Used for private flights.
- A American Coach, 3100 Central Ave.
- Gadson’s Charter, 2801 Grandville Ct.
- Lake County Transportation Services, 2835 Belvidere Rd.
- ABC Cab Co., 2425 Washington St.
- Anchor Taxi, 550 N Green Bay Rd.
- TAXI-2-GO, 2835 Belvidere Rd. +1 847 336-1204
- Pace Suburban Bus System.
- 1 Genesee Theatre, 203 N Genesee St. The Genesee Theatre is Lake County's premier entertainment venue. Productions include comedy acts, musicals, classical movies, and concerts. It is in historic downtown Waukegan.
- 2 Jack Benny Center for the Arts, 39 Jack Benny Dr, ☏ +1 847 360-4740. Lake County's only opera company, costumed and fully staged. Featuring Waukegan Symphony Orchestra and Concert Chorus. The Jack Benny Center for the Arts is in magnificent Bowen Park. The art center is named after Jack Benny, who had a comedy radio/television program in the mid-1900s and was from Waukegan.
- Bonnie Brook Country Club, 2800 N Lewis Ave.
- Greenshire Golf Course, 38727 N Lewis Ave.
- Midlane Golf Resort, 4555 Yorkhouse Rd.
- Waukegan BMX Track, 2785 Yorkhouse Rd.
- Glen Flora Country Club, 2200 N Sheridan Rd.
- Bertrand’s Bowling Lanes Inc., 2616 Washington St.
- Brunswick Lakehurst Bowl, 631 Lakehurst Rd.
- Sunset Lanes, 2015 N Lewis Ave.
- Lighthouse Mini-Golf & Arcade, 2126 N Lewis Ave.
- People's Choice Family Fun Center, 2411 Grand Ave.
- Bowen Park Theater & Opera Companies, 39 Jack Benny Dr.
- Ganster Pool, 2000 Belvidere Rd.
- Lake County Ice Sports and Fitness Center, 351 Oakwood Ave.
- Waukegan Fishing Charter Boat Association.
- Waukegan Municipal Band, 410 Robert V. Sabonjian Pl.
- Waukegan Park District, 2000 Belvidere Rd.
- Waukegan Symphony Orchestra & Concert Chorus, 39 Jack Benny Dr.
- Waukegan Visual Arts Center, 533 Grand Ave.
- Waukegan Harbor, 55 Harbor Pl.
- Waukegan Yacht Club, 199 Harbor Pl.
- 1 Quonset Pizza, 2602 Grand Ave, ☏ +1-847-623-7115. 11am-9pm weekdays, 10pm weekends. Tavern-style pizza and bar inside of a repurposed military quonset.
- Louie's Restaurant, 1009 North Ave.
- Bacci's Trattoria, 30 N Genesee St.
- Potesta's Pizza & Pasta, 434 S Green Bay Rd.
- Campari Ristorante, 30 N Genesee St.
- Brown's Chicken & Pasta Incorporated, 3150 Belvidere Rd.
- Courtyard by Marriott, 3800 Northpoint Blvd.
- Residence Inn by Marriott, 1440 S White Oak Dr.
- Quality Inn, 619 S Green Bay Rd.
- Ramada Inn, 200 N Green Bay Rd.
- Crossland Economy Studios, 1177 S Northpoint Blvd.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott, 4101 Fountain Square Pl.
- Candlewood Suites, 151 S Waukegan Rd.
- Comfort Inn, 3031 Belvidere Rd.
- Super 8, 630 N Green Bay Rd.
- Americas Best Value Inn and Suites, 411 S Greenbay Rd.
- Days Inn, 3633 N Lewis Ave.
- Motel 6, 231 N Green Bay Rd.
- Executive Inn and Suites, 680 S Green Bay Rd.
- Slumberland Motel, 3030 Belvidere Rd.
- Roberts Roost Motel, 1705 N Sheridan Rd.
- Holiday Inn Express Suites, 611 Lakehurst Rd.
- Thriftlodge Hotel, 222 W Grand Ave.
- Bel-Lane Motel, 3100 Belvidere Rd.
|Routes through Waukegan|
|Milwaukee ← Gurnee ←||W E||→ Lake Forest → Chicago|
|Milwaukee ← Gurnee ←||N S||→ North Chicago → Chicago|
|END ← Kenosha ←||N S||→ North Chicago → Chicago|