- 1 Victor Valley Transportation Center, 16858 South D Street. Victorville is a stop along Amtrak's daily Southwest Chief line between Los Angeles and Chicago. The westbound train to L.A. arrives at 4:18AM and the eastbound train to Flagstaff arrives at 9:10PM. The platform has no staff or facilities on site other than a simple shelter so tickets must be purchased in advance.
The largest artery by vehicle in and out of the area is Interstate 15; the 15 is the main access between Southern California and Las Vegas / Lake Havasu and is heavily traveled, often by tractor trailers and trucks with boats or dirtbikes in tow. CHP patrols the I-15 corridor in Victorville heavily. The nearest city to the south is San Bernardino and Barstow to the north. Several highways branch off from I-15; Highway 395 going west to Palmdale is a hilly two-lane highway for much of its length and is known for being quite dangerous with frequent CHP speed traps. Highway 18 splits off of I-15 at D Street and continues through Apple Valley and on into Lucerne Valley and eventually Big Bear.
- B-V Link, ☏ . M, W, Th 7:50AM-6PM. Bus service between San Bernardino, Fontana, Barstow and Victorville. Nearest connection point to Greyhound and other intercity bus companies are in San Bernardino and Barstow. One way $6.50, round trip $12, seniors/disabled are half price..
- 2 Victorville Airport (Southern California Logistics Airport VCV IATA). General aviation only, no scheduled flights
- 1 California Route 66 Museum, 16825 D St, ☏ , [email protected]. Th-M 10AM-4PM. Dedicated to the cultural impact of the highway on American and Southwestern life, this 4,500 sq. ft. museum highlights both historic and contemporary aspects of the famous highway. Includes library and gift shop. USD$2 per person/USD$5 per family.
- Scandia Family Fun Center, 12627 Mariposa Rd, ☏ . Winter: Su-Th 10AM-10PM, F-Sa 10AM-Midnight; Spring: Su-Th 10AM-11PM, F-Sa 10AM-1AM; Summer: Su-Th 10AM-Midnight, F-Sa 10AM-1AM; Fall: Su-Th 10AM-11PM, F-Sa 10AM-1AM. Go-kart racing, bumper boats, mini-golf and batting cages. $19 (unlimited pass).
- 1 Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham, 11750 Dunia Rd (exit I-15 at Bear Valley Road, turn west, then south on Amargosa Road; drive 1/2 mi (0.8 km) to Dunia Rd and turn right), ☏ , fax: . Free breakfast, free wifi, outdoor pool. Pet friendly. Kitchenettes available. RV parking.
- 2 Extended Studio Hotel, 14786 Monarch Blvd (exit I-15 at Bear Valley Road, head east to Mariposa Road, turn north, then turn east on Monarch Blvd), ☏ . Large kitchenette suites with separate bedroom(s). Hot breakfast served daily. Indoor pool, sauna and spa. Free wifi. Laundry facilities available. Convenient to I-15 and tons of shopping. No pets allowed.
- 3 Motel 6, 16868 Stoddard Wells Rd (exit I-15 at Stoddard Wells Road; motel is just west of freeway), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Children stay free. WiFi available, truck parking, pets allowed, free coffee, free expanded cable. $69.99.
- 4 Travel Inn & Suites, 14998 7th St (from the south, exit I-15 at Palmdale Road, turn left on Mariposa Road, then right on Seventh Street, drive 1.4 mi (2.3 km) to the inn; from the north, take 153B from I-15, drive southeast on E Street to the end where it intersects D Street (0.8 mi, 1.3 km), turn left on D Street, go one block to Seventh Street and turn right, drive 1.1 mi (1.8 km) to the inn), ☏ , fax: , [email protected]. Free wifi, guest laundry, heated pool. Along historic Route 66, 2 blocks from the San Bernardino County Fairgrounds.
- 5 Mojave Narrows Regional Park, 18000 Yates Road (take Bear Valley Road to Ridgecrest Road, turn north and drive 2.6 miles (4.2 km) to the park entrance), ☏ . Camp along a lake. Enjoy disc golf, fishing, horseback riding, hiking, and bicycling. Both tent and RV camping available, RV spaces available both with and without hookups.
|Routes through Victorville|
|Los Angeles ← San Bernardino ←||W E||→ Barstow → Albuquerque|
|Barstow ← Apple Valley ←||N S||→ Hesperia → San Bernardino|
|Santa Monica ← San Bernardino ←||W E||→ Barstow → Kingman|
|Bishop ← Adelanto ←||N S||→ Hesperia → Ends at|
|Lancaster via ← Adelanto ←||W E||→ Apple Valley → Big Bear Lake|