Africa > West Africa > Nigeria > South South Nigeria
South South Nigeria
South South Nigeria is a region of Nigeria composed of the following states: Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, and Rivers.
Map of South South Nigeria
- 5.58885.86061 Agbarho — centre of the Agbarho kingdom, and home of the Urhobo tribes
- 6.1833336.752 Asaba — The administrative capital of Delta State
- 6.31765.61453 Benin City — one of the oldest cities in Nigeria, dating back to pre-colonial times
- 4.4491677.244 Bonny Island — island town that traditionally served as the seat for the Kingdom of Bonny
- 4.958.3255 Calabar — a charming city that is one of the oldest trading centres in Nigeria
- 4.7576 Port Harcourt — a gulf city that is the centre for the oil industry in the country
- 5.057.9333337 Uyo
- 5.5166675.758 Warri — a major city for crude oil industry
- 4.9256.2638899 Yenagoa
This is where the oil wealth of Nigeria originates, which has led to environmental degradation of its extreme south in the mangroves, rivers, and swamps facing the Atlantic.
Do not go out at night, especially women, cases of rape is common in Edo.