> West Africa
> South South Nigeria
South South Nigeria is a region of Nigeria composed of the following states: Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, and Rivers.
Map of South South Nigeria
- 1 Agbarho — centre of the Agbarho kingdom, and home of the Urhobo tribes
- 2 Asaba — The administrative capital of Delta State
- 3 Benin City — one of the oldest cities in Nigeria, dating back to pre-colonial times
- 4 Bonny Island — island town that traditionally served as the seat for the Kingdom of Bonny
- 5 Calabar — a charming city that is one of the oldest trading centres in Nigeria
- 6 Port Harcourt — a gulf city that is the centre for the oil industry in the country
- 7 Uyo
- 8 Warri — a major city for crude oil industry
- 9 Yenagoa
This is where the oil wealth of Nigeria originates, which has led to environmental degradation of its extreme south in the mangroves, rivers, and swamps facing the Atlantic.
Do not go out at night, especially women, cases of rape is common in Edo.