San Bruno is located at the junctions of Highways 101, 280 and 380, and is the closest city to San Francisco International Airport (even though SFO is officially part of San Francisco). It has its own BART station and a CalTrain station.
San Bruno has an extensive bus service through the county SamTrans buses.
- The Avenue. San Mateo Avenue is the main drag of downtown San Bruno, and has on it many quaint shops and restaurants reminiscent of the architecture found in the early 20th century American West.
- Sweeney Ridge. The San Andreas Fault Line is highly visible here at this ridge and runs under Lake San Andreas, which serves as an important water supply for many Bay Area residents and is quite attractive, especially when viewed from the top of Sweeney Ridge (just over 1000 ft. ASL), which borders the gorgeous coastal city of Pacifica.
- 1 Junipero Serra Park, 1801 Crystal Springs Rd. This compact, hilly park is a fresh slice of heaven and offers great hiking coupled with clear views of the San Francisco Bay and San Francisco International Airport. It is located just southwest of San Bruno City Hall adjacent to San Bruno City Park and highway I-280, which also shares the name Junipero Serra.
- 1 Tanforan Mall, 1150 El Camino Real. Its high-tech styling and large food court is an area attraction. It also features Sears, JC Penney, and Target.
A number of reasonably priced restaurants of a variety of different cuisines (including Japanese, Korean, and Indian) can be found along San Mateo Avenue in central San Bruno.
- Newell's Cocktail Time (downtown San Bruno).
- Super Burrito (located on El Camino). Also serves great food.
- Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West, 611 San Bruno Ave East, ☏ , [email protected]. Free WiFi, complimentary breakfast, airport shuttle, free parking, and complimentary fitness passes.
- Courtyard San Francisco Airport, 1050 Bayhill Dr, ☏ , fax: .
- 1 Days Inn San Bruno, 1550 El Camino Real, ☏ .
- Regency Inn San Bruno, 411 East San Bruno Ave, ☏ , fax: , [email protected]. Located less than 1/2 Miles (3 minutes) from San Francisco International Airport. The hotel offers hotel packages and deals, an airport shuttle, and is pet friendly."
- Staybridge Suites, 1350 Huntington Ave., ☏ .
- Villa Montes Hotel Ascend Collection hotel, 620 El Camino Real, ☏ , fax: , [email protected].
|Routes through San Bruno|
|San Francisco ← Colma ←||N S||→ Millbrae → San Jose|