Northbrook is a city of 33,000 people (2019) in Illinois. Northbrook's downtown shopping district features boutiques and specialty stores.
It is fairly simple to get to Northbrook as it can be accessed by many major roads, including the Tri-State Tollway (I-294) and the Edens Expressway (I-94)
Northbrook is about a 20-minute drive from O'Hare International Airport. Ubers and taxis are easy to catch
It is served by Chicago's Metra commuter rail, and the Milwaukee District/North Line passes through Northbrook and stops at Northbrook station.
Bus services are also easy to access in Northbrook, and they can provide a way to get in, and around the city.
Getting around in Northbrook is very easy by car, as the entire city is connected by roads. Public transit is available as well.
- 1 Chicago Botanic Garden, 1000 Lake Cook Rd, Glencoe, 60022, ☏ +1 847 835-5440. 8AM-5PM. Spectacular topiaries, plants and flowers. It also has a cafe. The garden has several greenhouses, allowing for fun all year round. $25 per car, Senior discount is $10.
- 1 Kohl Children's Museum, 2100 Patriot Blvd, 60026, ☏ +1 847 832 6600, fax: +1 847 724-6469, [email protected]. M 9:30AM-noon, Tu-Sa 9:30AM-5:00PM, Su noon-5PM. Member-only hours: M-Sa 9AM-9:30AM. TA fun and engaging place for children to explore science, business, and other life skills in a fun and creative way. There are numerous activities for children, and a cafe. Adults may not enjoy this attraction unless accompanied by an adult. Adults and children: $12, seniors (55+) $11, infants free.
- 2 , 2040 Lehigh Avenue, ☏ +1 847-657-0000. Sa 10AM-5OM, Su noon-5PM. The military facility has a museum that aims to preserve its history, with lots of aircraft on display, as well as tours. Free.
- Northbrook Historical Society, 1776 Walters Avenue, ☏ +1 847-498-3404. Su 2-4PM. In the three-story Northfield Inn, you can visit a re-created 1890s Shermerville home, with a parlor, sewing room, kitchen, dining room, child's room, bathroom and bedroom. Each room is authentically decorated and furnished with furniture, fixtures, clothing, toys and artifacts from the era.
There are plenty of attractions and things to do in Nortbrook.
- Nickel City Family Entertainment Center, 555 Waukegan Road (Inside brookside plaza), ☏ +1 847-559-8727, [email protected]. M-Th 2-10PM; F noon-1AM; Sa 10AM-1AM; Su 10AM-10PM. A great place for the family to have fun, offers arcade games as well as pizza. Kid friendly, but adults will have fun too. entry free, purchase of coins is a charge. price will vary.
- Village Green Park and River Walk (downtown Northbrook). Village Green offers an old-fashioned gazebo, lush greenery, picnic areas and a playground with slides, ramps, tunnels, bridges, swings and sand.
- Meadowhill Park, 1479 Maple Avenue, ☏ +1 847 291-2960. 24/7. Park with large lawns and many amenities, including a swimming pool and aquatic center, cycling track, playground, and more. Park access free, certain amenities may cost money to access.
- 1 Northbrook Public Library, 1201 Cedar Ln, ☏ +1-847-272-6224, [email protected]. M-Th 9AM-9PM; F 9AM-6PM; Sa 9AM-5PM Su 1-5PM. Free.
- Northbrook Court, 1515 Lake Cook Road, 60062, ☏ +1-847-498-8161. Daily 10AM-9PM. A mid-sized indoor mall with lots of shops and restaurants. It offers clothing stores, and several department stores. Free.
- The Glen Town Center (The Glen), 2030 Tower Dr, Glenview, ☏ +1 847 724-2025. M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su noon-6PM.
- Glenbrook North High School, 2300 Shermer Rd, Northbrook, IL 60062. Many nice vending machines including foods such as Cheetos.
- Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, 933 Skokie Boulevard, ☏ +1 847 498-6500, fax: +1 847 498-9558.
|Routes through Northbrook|
|Milwaukee ← Deerfield ←||W E||→ Northfield → Chicago|
|END ←||N S||→ Glenview → Gary|
|Milwaukee ← Highland Park ←||N S||→ Northfield → Chicago|
|Fox Lake ← Deerfield ←||NW SE||→ Glenview → Chicago|