The local San Diego Trolley light rail system serves La Mesa with two lines: the Orange Line travels through much of La Mesa, heading south through Lemon Grove and on to Downtown San Diego. The Green Line travels through the northern part of La Mesa, going west past SDSU and through Mission Valley to San Diego's Old Town and Downtown. La Mesa has four trolley stations: Spring Street (Orange Line only), La Mesa Blvd (Orange Line only), Grossmont Transit Center (Orange and Green Lines) and Amaya Drive (Orange and Green Lines).
- Mt. Helix Park, 4901 Mt Helix Dr, hilltop park affording 360° views including mountains and ocean and sunrise and sunset. Daily 5:30AM-7PM, free.
- Christmas in the Village
- Walkway of the Stars
- Antique in the Street
- Grossmont Center.
- La Mesa Antiques Mall.
- Recreational Vehicles. La Mesa has a number of new and used RV dealers.
- 1 The Lunch Box Cafe & Deli, 8751 La Mesa Blvd, ☏ .
- 2 The Trolley Stop Deli, 8150 La Mesa Blvd, ☏ .
- 3 BMH Italian, 7670 El Cajon Blvd, ☏ .
- 4 Claim Jumpers, 5500 Grossmont Center Dr, ☏ .
- Best Western Plus La Mesa San Diego, 9550 Murray Dr, ☏ .
- Holiday Inn Express La Mesa, 8000 Parkway Dr, ☏ .
- Motel 6 San Diego - La Mesa, 7621 Alvarado Rd, ☏ , fax: .
|Routes through La Mesa|
|END ← San Diego ←||W E||→ El Cajon → El Centro|